Your engine is one of the most important components of your vehicle. For anything as important as an engine, it is important to have an expert in your corner. At JTR Repair, we are proud to say that we provide the best engine repair Crawfordsville has to offer.
Engine Service Crawfordsville IN
With any part of your vehicle, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. And that includes your engine above all else. After all, without an engine, your vehicle wouldn’t be of much use to you.
When it comes to your engine, what does it need? What needs to be maintained? What should your engine maintenance schedule even look like? We hear these questions a lot and at JTR Repair, we want to ensure that we are your one-stop engine service and repair shot by providing all the engine maintenance services you need to keep your engine purring.
No matter what vehicle you drive the engine maintenance services we recommend include:
- Oil changes every 3,000 miles or 3 months
- Spark plug inspections or replacements every 30,000 to 90,000 miles
- Spark plug wires inspection or replacements every 60.000 to 100,000 miles
Tune-Up Crawfordsville IN
Most engines can go between 30,000 to 100,000 miles between tune-ups, but some older engines need to be serviced more frequently. During a tune-up, our expert mechanics thoroughly service your engine in order to optimize its performance and improve its efficiency.
Engine Repair Near Me
While engine maintenance and service lowers your chance of needing engine repair, it doesn’t guarantee it. Unfortunately, there are times when even the best-maintained engines need to be repaired. Anytime that your engine is showing signs of trouble it is important to address it immediately and to have it handled by an expert like JTR Repair in Crawfordsville IN.
Signs of Engine Trouble
We already discussed the importance of having your engine repaired at the first sign of trouble, but what does engine trouble look like? Some of the most common signs of engine trouble include:
- Your check engine light is on
- The engine is running hot according to the gauge
- There is a knocking sound coming from under your hood
- The engine is overheating
- Your engine is misfiring, stalling, or having difficulty starting
- Fuel efficiency and performance decline
- More exhaust is produced from your tailpipe
If you notice any of these issues, it is time to call in the professionals at JTR Repair. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.